[MPlayer-users] How to enable it at compilation

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue Jul 22 10:52:39 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 22. Juli 2003, 17:31:41 Uhr MET, schrieb dpun aus:
> When I use mplayer to play an avi file, I got the following message.
> Requested audio codec family [ffwmav2]
> (afm=ffmpeg) not available
> (enable it at compilation)
> However, I do not know how to enable it at compilation.

If you have the release version of MPlayer, you don't need to enable
anything. If you have a CVS snapshot, you must checkout libavcodec
from ffmpeg's CVS and copy it to the source dir of mplayer. configure
will detect it then.
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of