[MPlayer-users] Re: Fast recompress

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 24 07:27:02 CEST 2003

Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> avidemux, "smart copy".

Avidemux and MPlayer don't play together very nicely.  I've been passing
a few mails between myself and the author to try and get some of it
fixed..  (incidently, I have a patch for avidemux 2.10 that gets it to
read mplayer AVI files with mpeg1video in them if anyone needs it
immediately--it will likely be available from avidemux sometime).

Videos saved from avidemux seem to always have their audio out of sync
when played with mplayer (yes, I know all about audio-time-map).  I
don't know of any other open source editor, so getting avidemux to work
is the only option.