[MPlayer-users] Re: encrypted vcd

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Fri Jul 25 04:35:21 CEST 2003

Hans Meine wrote:
> However, there's a separate Linux kernel module (I think cdfs) which is
> supposed to make exactly those tracks accessible. However that is
> - not part of the official kernel
> - having a bad reputation on this list(?), there seem to be several people who
> have had severe (kernel) crashes with it

I've already mentioned cdfs. I've never had a lockup with it,
though I haven't used it very many times. I've had my kernel lock
up several times when trying to read files from ISO9660
filesytems on marginal CD-Rs, so Linux (or the combination of my
drves and Linux) is not as stable as it should be.

Jonathan Rogers