[MPlayer-users] Video editor advice?

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jul 28 11:21:26 CEST 2003

Alan Murrell wrote:
>   1. How do you dump the edited file?  Would I do something like this:
>         mplayer -vo fbdev -edl test.edl test.avi > test_edl.avi
You can choose one of two things, results may vary.

1.  You can simply use the '-dumpstream' option.  That will be exactly
the same format as the source.
2.  You can use '-ao' and '-vo' to output to another format...  The only
useful ones are mpegpes or yuv4mpeg for -vo, and mpegpes or pcm for -ao.

The second option works great if you want to re-encode using mjpeg-tools
to VCD or SVCD...  Otherwise, you probably want to stick with the first one.