[MPlayer-users] CAR-MP3-Player with mplayer decoding in backround (slave-mode)

Matthias Bode matong at web.de
Wed Jul 30 08:38:52 CEST 2003

Hallo all together,
I'm planning to use mplayer as an backround decoder for audio-files.

If tried the slave mode, and it worked fine. I used popen to communicate
with mplayer and I could pause the audio decoding.

But I have a problem:
I have 4 7-segment displays, which I want to use for displaying the time
of the audiofile (forward and backward).

I want to use the console output of mplayer (A: xxx.x and so on), but i
don't have a guess how to get this started.

I haven't so much training in useing pipes and fifos.

So can somebody tell me, how to decode the time by using pipes or fifos
and also using a pipe to manage the playing???

MfG Matong