[MPlayer-users] Video editor advice?

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Wed Jul 30 10:34:11 CEST 2003

>the section ends. Then fine tune them and check by starting the video
>with mplayer -ss TIME [...], and once you've got it down pat, just snip
>out each segment using
>mencoder -ss START_TIME -endpos END_TIME-START_TIME
>Then you can cat them together and filter through mencoder to join them

Much work to fine tune them in Mplayer... I tried using Broadcast2000
for finding the correct frame numbers, and then gave those to mplayer
(or was it time?). However, while the start position was quite exact,
the ending position was off by quite many frames. -endpos appears
inaccurate.

Another problem when joining AVIs as described in the docs:
the sound for all the rest except the first AVI to join will be
delayed, more with more clips joined. (hmm... maybe -dumpaudio
and joining the audio separately will help... didn't try yet)

I'm using mplayer 0.90.