[MPlayer-users] Re: AC3 5+1

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jul 31 19:07:17 CEST 2003

#1, ALWAYS keep mplayer mail on the list! Next time I get mplayer mail
addressed to me personally it goes to /dev/null even if it's a valid
point or relevant question.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:08:29PM +0200, JJ2Dogs wrote:
> This is what I get in mencoder:
> Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52
> Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
> AC3: 5.1 (3f+2r+lfe)  48000 Hz  448,0 kbit/s
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This means it's 5.1 AC3.

> Using MMX optimized resampler
> AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 56000->192000 (448,0
                   ^^^^

This appears to mean mplayer is playing it for just 2-channel. Like I
said, mencoder might have put bogus numbers in the headers, but if so
I'd be surprised if no one else had noticed such a bug before.

Anyone else have comments on this? (BTW if you just mail to me, no one
else can read your mail so no one else can comment!)

> And what does this mean?? (only happens with NTSC DVD)
> demux_mpg: 3:2 TELECINE detected, enabling inverse telecine fx. FPS
> changed to 23,976!
>
> -there is a lot of frame drops?

Frame drops??? Are you sure you don't mean duplicates? If you get that
message, it means you need to use -ofps 23.976 if you're encoding.
(This is in the fine manual.) If it really is drops ("skip frame"),
then something very strange is going on, and you should send a proper
bugreport to mplayer-users.

Rich