[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.90 + alsa + multichannel output

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Jun 5 02:50:58 CEST 2003

Vladimir I. Umnov wrote:

> I solve the problem!!!
> It's enough to add the following string in "play_normal" after
> variables declaration:
> len=num_frames*bytes_per_sample;
>
> I do not make patches before, and may be it's not a patch,
> I generate it with "diff -t <old> <new>"
>
> If len contain to bpspc(bytes per sample per channel) all should works
> fine, but if not - channels swaps. If offset is even, then channels
> swaps, if odd then sound shared between 2 channels :) It's amazing.
> Demonstration of this is commented in the patch.
>
> In addition, now while seeking there is no clicks.
>
> p.s. sorry for bad English.
> p.p.s. mmap mode not work with not 2 channels?

I just applied your patch to today's CVS, and it seems to work fine.
Interestingly enough, I can reproduce the original problem (with the
unpatched mplayer) on my SBLive, but not on my VIA VT8233 onboard sound
- it worked fine before.

Anyway, with the patch, both cards work great, so I'm happy. I'd really
like to see this patch applied (presuming it does indeed not break
anything else). You should read DOCS/tech/patches.txt and send a
"proper" patch to mplayer-dev-eng.

-Corey