[MPlayer-users] Re: divx2 mpeg2

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue Jun 10 22:55:47 CEST 2003

Ron Leonard wrote:
> Hi, I am Looking for an encoder to convert divx to mpeg preferablly mpeg2 or
> 3.
> I hope you can stear me in the right direction. Thanks much

MPEG-3 doesn't exist, but mplayer comes with a tool called "mencvcd"
(it's in the TOOLS directory of the source distribution) that can create
VCD's (MPEG-1) or SVCD's (MPEG-2). A better option might be transcode:
<URL:http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/>

For an easy to use transcode frontend, try dvd::rip:
<URL:http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/>

Jonathan Rogers