[MPlayer-users] mplayer ignores language preference

Andrew J. Yeckel ay2b at queue.org
Wed Jun 11 00:35:01 CEST 2003

I am trying to save an mpeg from a DVD, but mplayer is saving the wrong
audio track.  When I run the command: 'mplayer dvd://11 -chapter 2-2
-alang en', it plays correctly, and in English.  When I remove the '-alang
en', it plays in Japanese.  Using '-aid 129' also yields English.

When I run 'mplayer dvd://11 -chapter 2-2 -alang -dumpstream -dumpfile
11-2.mpg', and then play the resulting file, it's in Japanese.  This
happens regardless of using '-alang en', '-aid 129' or neither.

Any ideas what's wrong?  Is it possible to get a non-default language from
a dvd while using -dumpstream?

I am using mplayer from CVS from a few days ago.

--Andy

--
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."