[MPlayer-users] SB Live + AC3 -> only music and soudneffects, but no voices!

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Jun 12 07:04:21 CEST 2003

Damion de Soto wrote:

> MPlayer Mailinglist wrote:
>
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>

>> I tried this, and it does some surround, but when I resize the window,
>> or go fullscreen, it starts to act like there a bad contact in a wire,
>> if you know what I mean. When I resize all the time for a couple of
>> seconds, it tells me that my computer is too slow to play the movie,
>> which I doubt, because it's a P4 1.6Mhz, and it played fine in xine.
>

> Tom, look through the mailing list archives from last week, and apply
> one of the patches Vladimir I. Umnov submitted.
> the first, smaller one works fine solving your problem.  the second
> patch apparently causes some other problems :(

I've been using the second patch, erm... actually the third patch, he
sent me an updated version off the list. Although the third version
has the same error messages as the first, I have yet to find any problem
with the functionality.

I'm hoping Vladimir gets the patch cleaned up so it can be applied. He
asked a related question on alsa-users, and didn't get a response except
for my suggestion that he ask on alsa-devel. I haven't heard anything
since....

Anyway, I've attached the patch. I think there has been a change or two
to ao_alsa9.c in CVS recently, so I don't know how cleanly it'll apply.

-Corey