[MPlayer-users] Re: SuSE RPM packages

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Thu Jun 12 21:42:08 CEST 2003

Raena Lea-Shannon <raen7 at ihug.com.au> writes:

> issues. I assume this is in refernce to decss. But if SuSE has a problem just
> with decss then why screw up the whole app?

Well, its not only decss but MPEG* is a patent grave if i understand
correct. Probably as a private Person, you won't get sued for using it,
but SuSE as the biggest Linux selling company in Europe is much more exposed.
I think it is fair of them "advertising" the fact that their MPlayer
is not full featured and where to get the real thing.

> Sincerest thanks to the people working on this site.

probably some SuSE employees with their private site :-)

 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmx.li