[MPlayer-users] Matrox G400 TV-Out (something like Xinerama)

Olivier Warin wasto at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 13 13:03:24 CEST 2003

hello all!
for quite a long time i'm trying to do the following:
my favorite vidoegame, perfect dark, has a great multiplayer. but its alwas
with a split-screen. (horizontal or vertikal..). so i wanted to split such a
split screen on to two tvs.
so the aim is to split a v4l device input into two monitors.
i have a matrox g400 dualhead graphic card. and one vga2scart converter, so i
only need one tv-out. the other one can be a normal vga out..

so far so good..
i've tried it with the drivers, from matrox. and then i used a xinerama system
two split the picture to two monitors.. but for the tv-out, the matrox-driver
only supports the x11 video-output driver. and here's the problem: so i get a
liztlle delay on the picture.. for gaming, this isn't good.

so i did try the wonderful "mplayer-matrox g400-tv-out driver" and its
perfect, this meens, no delay. but i only got a clone-mode. with this
driver..
is it possible to do something like a xinerama with this tv-out driver? or
perhaps only a "normal" dualhead, with two diffrent screens.. (one tv, one
monitor) ?. i could also put a second tv-card in my computer..
(i didn't find anything about this in the mplayer documentation or somewhere
else in the internet (google)

any suggestions?

thx!

greetings, oli