[MPlayer-users] BUGREPORT - using mplayer in xinerama

Ruben Garcia ruben at ugr.es
Sat Jun 14 20:02:21 CEST 2003

I have two cards, ATI Radeon VE QY and S3 Trio 64 V+.

I just managed to get Xinerama to work.

I tried to use mplayer on my new X, and got

BGR not supported, please contact the developers.
FATAL: Cannot initializa video driver.

(at 8 bpp; I think Arpi said some time ago he forgot to implement it)
Is it difficult to implement? I.e. Can I look at the 16bpp and change
it without too many difficulties?

This is using -vo x11.
-vo xv crashes the X

I just tried 16bpp and it now works, so it is less urgent.
If it is not too difficult, can anybody implement 8bpp as a 332
colorspace? It can't be too different from the 565 used for 16bpp which
works.

xv works at 16bpp

xvidix gives me
[radeon] Found chip: Radeon VE QY
[radeon] Device is disabled, ignoring
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
Error opening / initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

Does anybody know why would xinerama disable the chip? I mean, it is not
disabled, I can see the image there. Or does xinerama reserve the port
or something like that?

Is there any way to get accelerated xvidix using xinerama?

I am using 8bpp because the S3 card only has 2Mb of memory and doesn't
give me much resolution at 16bpp.