[MPlayer-users] Quicktime Audio

Scott Kempf skempf at CLEMSON.EDU
Sun Jun 15 02:50:15 CEST 2003

Dear Sir(s);
I have looked all over the site for an address to send questions, but
cannot find it so I'm going to use the bug report address.  I'm sorry if
this offends anyone but I'm really looking for an answer here.  I have
checked all your faqs and docs on this and cannot find my solution.
Here is the problem:
I have installed MPlayer (the newest release) in KDE in RedHat 9.1.
Everything is working EXCEPT Quicktime sound.  This happens with every
".mov" file I have.  All my other files work (movies and mp3's) AND I
get video on quicktime.  When I try to load the video in the GUI I get
this error: "Cannot find audio codec for audio format 0x6134706D" and
when I try to load it using the command line I get these messages:
	Requested audio codec family [faad] (afm=faad) not available 			(enable
it at compilation)
	*** Try to upgrade /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf from 				etc/codecs.conf
	*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
	Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6134706D.
and farther down:
	Audio: no sound
I didn't bother upgrading the /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf file because
mplayer doesn't find that to begin with.  At the top it tells me that it
uses the usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf file.  I've looked through
this file and cannot find any "format 0x6134706D".  I tried adding it to
some codecs that seemed like they would work.  Some caused a staticy
sound or weird noises and others produced the same result as before (no
sound).  I've tried reinstalling the audio codecs for quicktime (tried 6
and 5 and the extras) and I've tried applying that format to different
dlls and drivers.  I'm really stuck and have no clue where to go with
this.  Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott Kempf