[MPlayer-users] Grabbing with mencoder

Martin Osmundsvåg mosmunds at broadpark.no
Tue Jun 17 14:26:21 CEST 2003

Hi!
I'm would like to make a serial trigger for mencoder so it will record
as long the DCD is low. The problem with mencoder is the time used for
initialization. Therefore I looked at the code and found the main loop.
I did the initializaion part and polled the serial port. When the port
was trigged I jumped into the main loop -- mencoder started recording
immediately.

The problem is that I want to start over again without quiting the
program. The problem is that I can't start at the main() again. Then
I'll get messges that the device is in use and stuff. What need to be
cleaned after the main loop to be able to start over again?

My Idea is to make mencoder record each record into separate files with
timestamps. The record starts with the DCD low and stops with DCD high
again. I can't have more than 0.1 sec delay when the trigger is activated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

- Martin O.