[MPlayer-users] Where do I get these?

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri Jun 20 09:35:11 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2003, 16:24:34 Uhr MET, schrieb edwarner99 at yahoo.com:
> This is the result of my attempt to install mplayer.
> I'm using RH9 and got the RPM's from freshrpms.net.
> There were only two.
> Can someone tell me where to get these please?
> Thanks,
> Failed dependencies:
>         aalib is needed by mplayer-0.90-fr2
>         alsa-lib is needed by mplayer-0.90-fr2
>         faad2 is needed by mplayer-0.90-fr2
>         lame is needed by mplayer-0.90-fr2
>         libaa.so.1 is needed by mplayer-0.90-fr2
>         libasound.so.2 is needed by mplayer-0.90-fr2
>         libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9) is needed by
[schnipp]

Hi, AFAIK freshrpms.net has a apt repository for RedHat 9. You have to
install apt and add freshrpms to the configuration file. Then you can
just type something like apt-get install mplayer and you're done.
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of