[MPlayer-users] looking for good starting values for vf_decimate

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jun 23 17:24:48 CEST 2003

I have a stream I captured from NTSC television in MJPEG format.  I want
to convert it to MPEG4 using mencoder (CVS).  I have noticed that the
origiinal must have been 24fps but rather than telecining it for NTSC,
they simply duplicated 1 frame out 4 to increase the framerate to NTSC.

It looks like I can use the vf_decimate filter to eliminate the duplicate
frames, but I am not quite sure of what to use for the the values of
max:hi:lo:frac.  max=1 seems like a sane value, but what to use for hi,
lo, and frac considering this was captured from analog cable (probably
fairly noisy, although visually it looks quite acceptable).

Any ideas?

Thanx,
b.