[MPlayer-users] file size falls short of 700MB for multi pass

Jason Pepas j.pepas at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 25 01:54:09 CEST 2003

> Tell us what the countquant.pl script outputs (it's in TOOLS). It'll
> show how often each quantizer was used.

should this be run on the divx2pass.log file?

I think I may have found the info you are looking for in another way.  I ran
the following:

mencoder \
        -oac copy \
        -ovc lavc \
        -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:v4mv:vqmin=2:vqmax=2 \
        -vop scale=640:480 \
        -ofps ${ofps} \
        -o ${filename}.avi ${filename}

and it was the exact same filesize as before, so from this should I assume
that quant 2 was 100%? ie, that in this specific case, increasing bitrate
would not likely increase quality?

-jason