[MPlayer-users] New codec info on FTP site

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Sun Mar 2 21:31:49 CET 2003

On 2003.03.01 20:56 Leif Sawyer wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> I've uploaded files to hopefully get support for another codec,
> QualityMotion:  http://w3-mcgav.lab.kdd.co.jp/qm/indexe.html
>
> The file is located at:
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/qmotion/qmotion.zip
>
> it contains the information as outlined in the FAQ.
>
> Thanks for all your great work so far!
>
> if you need additional info, please email me directly,
> as I'm not subscribed to the list. (i'm on too many as it is.. )
>
> --
> Leif Sawyer

Just had a quick look at the files.
Looking at them with strings, the video codec should be H263 (in
qms.ax) or H261 (in qmadec.dll), with CIF or QCIF format. Audio should
be G723.1 (in qms.ax).
If it's true, the main problem are not the codecs, but the file format.
MPlayer does not recognize .qm files, and the sample doesn't look like
any known format. Do you have any technical info about it? There are no
info on the website, the only known fact is that the format should be
streamable (i suppose than downloadable and streamed files are the
same).

Can you send some informations on the sample.qm you uploaded (frame
size, fps, audio/video codecs if known, playback length, ...). Is the
file seekable? Can you play it with anything else than their player?

Please answer to the list.

Ciao,
  Roberto