[MPlayer-users] More on dumpstream..

SoulEdge souledge at brujula.net
Mon Mar 3 05:10:13 CET 2003

On Saturday 01 de March 2003 12:38, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:

> Hello!
> Try mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o file_name
> all_other_options_including_URL

Hi.

I have found a way to get the streams, finally.

When MPlayer detects the file as an actual link to
another, it prints out the "real" URL of the stream.
As simple as that. I was able to dump it once i:

a) checked the web page source and found the .mov URL
b) told MPlayer to play it so i could see it linking to the real URL
c) -dumpstream'ing the real URL.

It is my humble opinion that this is a design flaw in the dumpstream
code. It should detect this reference/link/whatever and be
smart enough to get the actual stream.

I hope the developers will agree with me and try to change this behavior
(if it's easy enough) before the upcoming release...?

Damian