[MPlayer-users] mencoder ac3 audio tag?

Vishal Vaidyanathan vvishal at Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 3 12:20:23 CET 2003

Hi,
  If this is a lame question, my apologies in advance! ;)
  I encoded a DVD using

mencoder -dvd 1 -vop crop=540:312:90:60 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
       vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900 -oac copy -o myfilm.avi

  I am able to play the movie fine with mplayer, but with Windows Media
player I get no sound. I know the ac3 codec is installed on Windows bcoz
movies encoded using windows-based encoders with ac3 audio play fine.

  Virtual Dub indicates that the audio tag (20000) is unknown. Seems to be
a simple matter of wmp not recognising the format of the audio stream?

  Is there any easy fix? Or am I doing something wrong?

  Thank you,
								Vishal