[MPlayer-users] A/V sync problems

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Mar 4 07:07:33 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:40:05PM -0600, christopher j bottaro wrote:
> i've been following this topic on this mailing list for seems like months.
> yes, other people have this problem.  what to do about it?  i just use the
> dec 10, 2002 snapshot of mplayer/mencoder.  that snapshot seems to work fine
> for me...

If this is really a problem, I hope someone will be able to upload
samples we can use to reproduce it... I haven't noticed any a/v sync
problems myself, but the only DVDs I've been encoding from lately are
Lain, which is 30 fps rather than 24 fps, so it's very possible that
there's a bug in the new code for handling 24 fps DVDs.

Rich