[MPlayer-users] two cents: why dvdnav is needed (why mplayer will die from this)

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 10:45:42 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 04:48:18PM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I'd rather just load up xine
> which has really good menu support(and for me at least plays DVD's much
> better than mplayer) and use it.

I'd say that's the whole point.  Mplayer is a very slick command line,
file/stream-based player.  There are other programs out there that are
designed for other tasks, mainly xine for a GUI player, and ogle for a
dvd player solution with navigation.  Don't try making mplayer be what
it isn't, especially if you're not ready to write the code for it.  We
don't need another GNU hello.

  OG.