[MPlayer-users] A/V sync problems

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Tue Mar 4 21:48:35 CET 2003

The tracks play fine as the original mpeg off the tivo, and if I use avidemux
to edit it they stay synced. The second I convert them to divx using mencoder
is when the sync gets lost, and as I mentioned in a previous post that was
not replied to by anyone, the time length of the audio and video tracks are
no longer equal.

This happens with other mpegs I have too, not just tivo(but I can grab
something easily off the tivo). I also get it with mpegs of shows I download
off the net and other random mpegs i have(some of these are VCD mpegs some
are not).

I'll get an mpeg cut uploaded to the ftp site and have it labeled and all.
hopefully this can get solved as it seems I'm not the only one with the
problem. Thanks!

(p.s. I'd love to see mpeg2 support to easily make SVCD's out of higher
quality divx/mpeg files, it'd make my life easier than having to go through
avidemux or the mpeg2enc commands to get a properly working mpeg2 stream for
SVCD)

thanks

--
Steven Adeff