[MPlayer-users] badly recognized mov format or unsupported?

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Wed Mar 5 02:13:14 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 02:14, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I got it to play the video with the (very latest) CVS version. The audio
> > still seems to have issues. I'm getting the same thing you are
> > (unrecognized audio format 0x6134706D). Hopefully this will be an easy
> > fix.
>
> sure. just RTFM! :)
>
> > ==========================================================================
> > Requested audio codec family [faad] (afm=faad) not available (enable it
> > at compilation)
>
> and at least RTFmessagesprintedbymplayer

i don't think it would be an easy fix :(

there was a patch by arpi around... it enabled us to watch that mov
file, but the audio/video was desynced ( around 10seconds ).

so the best thing to do is to download the svcd version from:
http://www.bitwaste.com/wasted-bits/archives/animatrix-svcd/,

and watch it with mplayer :)

gabor

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> --
> Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu
>     "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
>   "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
> "Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino

listening to:.hack//SIGN OST2: open your heart reprise