[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Crash after starting a second X Server

Draco draco_d at gmx.net
Wed Mar 5 20:03:39 CET 2003

Hi,

I just solved my problem with 2 X Servers on NVidia Cards (where after
starting a second one, MPlayer crashed using the Xv output).
Although this isn't a problem from MPlayer, but from NVidia, I post the
workaround here, for other people who have the same problem...

I had my /etc/X11/XF86Config file configured for TwinView with a TV, so I can
switch to TV by Ctrl+Alt+Numpad-Plus/Minus. Exactly this was what created
that problem.
After removing everything from the XF86Config file which had to do with TV
and/or TwinView, it worked!

Yours
Draco

P.S. If you have any questions/comments, please send it to my mail address,
since I no longer am subscribed to this Mailing List! Thanx