[MPlayer-users] no picture

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Wed Mar 5 23:25:04 CET 2003

no offence but even i write better questions :) i mean, there's no way anyone
can help you if you write something like that.

1. what video out (-vo) are you using?
2. what kind of file are you trying to watch?
3. could you write the whole commandline here?
4. are you trying to use mplayer through X11 or from console?
5a. do you mean you get an empty window with only one color?
5b. do you mean you don't get an window at all?

---snip
for more questions, read some "how to ask good questions" documents, i bet in
every servers #linux channel people can point out one for you, or then just
google..

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 22:51, Clarke wrote:
> I successfully installed MPLAYER. I have had some problems viewing the
> file.
>
> I use the mplayer command followed by the file directory.
>
> I see the A: and A-V: counter scrolling...no errors indicated, but I get
> no picture. Is there an option I have to specify?
heh, mplayer features showing video as a builtin option, where available :)))