[MPlayer-users] Not able to turn on DMA for DVD drive in RHL8.0

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Mar 6 07:52:43 CET 2003

On Thursday, 06 March 2003, softrade wrote:
> Jooil Lee wrote:
>
> > If you are using RH8, then you have to do something on modules.conf
> > file under /etc. (something like ide-dma = 1)
> >
> > Please search on this mailing list you will find the answer. Also check
> > the RH 8 release note. I think RH people mentioned about this issue in
> > there.

> DMA is on on the Harddisk but will not let me activate it on the DVD-ROM

Please read other people answers. You've been given a solution in the
previous reply (which I quoted) and you've ignored it.

PS. This parameter is not named ide-dma, but rather idecd-dma, I think.
You can get the correct name by reading those RELEASE_NOTES or using
the modinfo command.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/