[MPlayer-users] MPlayer won't compile on LindowsOS for lack of GTK

GS Hunt ghunt at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 9 03:04:27 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 19:08, Michael Katsevman wrote:
> Hello!
> Yes, I AM using LindowsOS and for that I appologize. Now, I have
> downloaded practically every coded I'll ever need, set everything and
> got ready to compile! And...
> ./configure complains about not having GTK installed. I'm using KDE, but
> afaik I installed GTK. I've downloaded the  gtk engine from the debian
> site, etc. Did a google search of gtk and kde, found some more libs to
> install, got them, installed them. Nevertheless, MPlayer still refuses
> to install w/ GUI!
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...
> --Mike.

Did you get a high enough version of GTK? and hmm gtk  do you have/nee d
all the following?) (GLib, GTK+, Pango, and ATK packages) and perhaps
libpng pkgconfig tiff -> eternal dependencies satisfied.

the GTK stuff might not be in your path.. might have to manually tell
configure where gtk-config gtklibs are?

I'd build from scratch if possible... since you're using files that are
compiled for another distro...

Might be some anti-Lindows code preventing compilation? (Just kidding
Arpi).

The following link concerns me...

http://www.lindows.com/lindows_products_details.php?id=8945

It's like Lindows is cashing in on all the hard work of Arpi and the
rest of the developers...

I don't know much about Lindows... but already i'm disliking it.... and
feel it has little place in the linux comunnity.

Gary