[MPlayer-users] Mencoder seems to skip duplicate frames - switch?

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Mar 7 15:33:39 CET 2003

Hi!

I created a three-pass DivX from a DVD and now I want to insert another audio
stream (other language) into the resulting .avi. What I did is create a new
frameno.avi and call mencoder with -oac copy and -ovc copy. That works -
somehow. ;-/

The problem is that it detects some duplicate frames in my movie.avi: Ten at
the beginning and another two at 54% and 99% which results in bad A/V sync.
If I adjust the A/V sync on playback to 400ms (10/25 frames/sec), it seems to
be fine. Now how can I
- prevent skipping those frames or
- adjust the A/V sync with mencoder to create at least a better .avi (which
will have a /little/ async error after the 54% frame)?

(I am running MPlayer from CVS, currently about a week old)

Thanks for any help,
  Hans