[MPlayer-users] Re: error during make: ad_faad.c: too few arguments...

Freddy Spierenburg freddy at dusktilldawn.nl
Sun Mar 9 18:04:59 CET 2003

Hi Karl,

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:11:34AM +0100, Freddy Spierenburg wrote:
> Drunk, but trying to continue.
Lesson 1: never drink and post, you might spill your knowledge :-)

> Solved your problem. It was not that hard. MPlayer expects a
> macro called FAADVERSION. Define it in config.h like this:
> #define FAADVERSION 20
This is still true, but configure contains the code to add it
herself...

> Tomorrow, when I'm less drunk, I will think of a better solution.
...while I looked for a better solution I found out configure
already contains the better solution.

> But for now, this will work.
Actually it's not enough. The real problem is that configure
can't find the faad library. You have probably installed the faad
library in /usr/local/lib and by default ldconfig does not look
into that directory or you didn't ran ldconfig after installing
faad. Edit the file /etc/ld.so.conf and add /usr/local/lib (or
the location where you've installed the faad library). Now run
ldconfig again. Use the -v option to make sure it has found the
faad library.
Now you can configure and make MPlayer. This time it should
really work.

--
$ cat ~/.signature
Freddy Spierenburg <freddy at dusktilldawn.nl> http://snarl.nl/~freddy/