[MPlayer-users] Mencoder seems to skip duplicate frames - switch?

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 10 21:32:58 CET 2003

Hi again!

Since my last message did not reach the list yet (at least I did not receive
it), I am answering again to this. Some of the problems I mentioned in my
last mail have gotten clear to me now.

- The fact that no code change did affect the output was wrong - I messed it
up and played the wrong file for testing #-(
- Your change could not work in my change, because I use -ovc copy and thus
the decode_video part you changed is in another case of the surrounding
switch(mux->vcodec).
- BUT: setting skip_frame to zero if it was smaller than that (read: ignoring
the command to duplicate a frame) seems to work!

Maybe the error is that in the above-mentioned switch(), in "case
VCODEC_COPY:"  there is "if(skip_flag<=0) muxer_write_chunk(..." which fires
if skip_flag is -1 (dup frame). OTOH, later there is "while(skip_flag<0){...
muxer_write_chunk(mux_v,0,0);" which might be fine if mux->vcodec is
something else, but if it is VCODEC_COPY or VCODEC_FRAMENO,
muxer_write_chunk() has already been called.

I suspect putting the duplicate-frame handling into the default: case of the
switch _could_ be a fix, but I am not sure here..

Ciao,
  Hans