[MPlayer-users] 2 DVD's to one AVI

Kris Kielhofner klists at wisvis.com
Mon Mar 10 21:07:29 CET 2003

Hello, I am trying to convert a 2 Disc DVD set to one AVI in libavcodec
divx.  I have tried the following:

DVD-1:
filename: SIDE1

DVD-2:
filename: SIDE2

cat SIDE1 SIDE2 > FULL

Mencoder that file, looks okay, and plays through, but no sound!

I am using -aid 128 with mencoder, which works with fine to convert to
AVI with each side, but not both in one file.

I also tried

cat SIDE1 SIDE2 |mencoder -aspect 16:9 -oac mp3lame -lameopts
br=256:cbr:aq=2:mode=0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1000:vhq:keyint=250:vpass=1:vqmin=2:vqmax=31 -aid
128 -vop scale=854:480 -sws 2 -o FULL -

with my options but still same effect.  No sound.

How can I get sound in the output file?

TIA,
Kris