[MPlayer-users] libmpeg2 + xvideo = bad picture ?

GS Hunt ghunt at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 13 01:16:24 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 11:43, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> ----
>

> Once upon a time GS Hunt wrote @ 11 Mar 2003 20:32:24 -0500

> > On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 11:54, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > > ----
> > >

> > > Hi all,
> > > I'm having a problem with mplayer after upgrading xfree to 4.3 "using
> > > the binary tarballs from xfree86.org" on debian woody + mplayer 0.9rc4
> > >
> > > the video suffers from lines around the objects in the movie "i couldn't get a screen shot for it"
> > > i think it's mainly a problem with libmpeg2
> > >

> > I'm running XFREE 4.3 *compiled from source* seems to work great with
> > 0.9rc4. w/ Mandrake 9.1
> >
> > Perhaps you could attach a link to one of the videos to see if it the
> > problem replicates on my system.
> >
> > Besides that... if you feel daring... compile XFREE4.3 from source
> >
> > Best of luck
> >
> > Gary Hunt
> >
> Thanks for replying,
> It seems that the problem is with both libmpg2 & ffmpeg decoders
> I've used "-vo mpegpes" to get the first few seconds, cause i'm using dialup
> http://www.geocities.com/uniball13/tmp/grab.mpg
>
> I think i can compile from source, but i don't have neither time nor enough room for it now ;)
> anyway i tried the debian packages but no use

This is what i get when I play it... maybe the output will help you ...
Seems to play fine for me.

Playing grab.mpg
MPEG-PES file format detected.
MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
VIDEO:  MPEG1  352x288  (aspect 8)  25.00 fps  1437.5 kbps (179.7
kbyte/s)
vo: X11 running at 800x600 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
Disabling DPMS
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder v2.0
libmpeg2: Using MMXEXT for IDCT transform
libmpeg2: Using MMXEXT for motion compensation
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 352x288 => 384x288 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm:libmpeg2 (MPEG 1 or 2 (libmpeg2))

Best of luck :)

Gary