[MPlayer-users] TrueSpeech Codec Problems

Andrew Smith aps at zai.com
Tue Mar 11 21:06:26 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm encountering problems trying to decode TrueSpeech audio samples
using MPlayer.  I'm using the latest release (0.90rc403.2) and it is
working great for many other audio/video codecs.  It seems like this
problem is specific to the TrueSpeech codec.  I'm pretty sure the
samples I have are "good" (I downloaded them from DSPG, the authors of
the codec).  I can play them successfully on Windows w/ Media Player and
the DSPG win32 player.

My environment is pretty straightforward, RedHat 8, Pentium III, stock
kernel and compiler versions.  I've tried other builds of MPlayer and
get the same result with all of them.  I've done some trial and error
and I'm pretty sure the Win32 codecs are installed correctly on my linux
box.

I would love to know if anyone has been able to use TrueSpeech
successfully!

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

-Andy

p.s.  I can provide the (small, 25kb) sample I'm using as well as the
verbose output of MPLayer if that would help.  A good (I believe) sample
is also available at http://www.dspg.com/samples/85/a6.wav

p.p.s.  The MPlayer output I get at standard verbosity is as follows
(truncated for readability):