[MPlayer-users] playing quicktime with mplayer (animatrix)

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 12 15:24:00 CET 2003

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 13:10, Akos Maroy wrote:
> VDec: Codec did not set sh->disp_w and sh->disp_h, trying workaround.

I think this is the important line (which I also get): Mplayer does not know
how big the input frames are. (Sorry, don't know a solution - there don't
seem to be cmdline switches for that, the codec has to be fixed obviously.)

I get further messages which indicate a guessed size of 0x0 which confuses the
video output:
VDec: codec didn't set sh->disp_w and sh->disp_h, trying to workaround!
VDec: vo config request - 0 x 0 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 3)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: invalid dimensions!
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver!

Ciao,
  Hans