[MPlayer-users] Subtitles..

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Mar 12 18:45:23 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 03:16:07PM +0100, Nandan Joshi wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2003 05:18, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 04:44:31AM +0100, Nandan Joshi wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > > Hallo,
> > > In FAQ it is said that subtitles files will be automatically loaded, if
> > > the first part of file name is same as subtitle file's. It doesn't
> > > happen. I loaded subtitles manually, it gives error 'cannnot load
> > > subtitles: filename.srt'. I tried even with .sub format, but it gives the
> > > same error
> >
> > Are you sure the filenames match exactly? For example, filename.avi
> > and filename.srt. Tell us the exact filenames if you still have
> > trouble
>
> I have the same filename. The files r 'Hero.2002.avi', 'Hero.2002.srt' and
> 'Hero.2002.sub'. I created a new folder and tried to one subtitle file at a
> time. For both formats no success. Subtitle files r good, and work with other
> player like WMP(Windows), Xine, but not with this. And when I tried manually
> to load the files, it gives the same error 'cannnot load subtitles:
> filename.srt'

And when it tries to load subtitles and says not found, what filename
does it show? Probably Hero.srt!! Which means the fact that you're
using a . in the 'base name' is confusing MPlayer. It would have been
much easier to determine this if you had sent a full bug report, and
I'm still just guessing since I don't see the full MPlayer output in
your email. If this actually is the problem, someone should look into
fixing it...

> > > --- Eiri, from "Serial Experiments Lain"
> > > --- Ayanami Rei, from "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
> >
> > Nice choice of anime
>
> These r the best and most thoughtful animes I've seen so far. If u have any
> more suggestions of such kinda other animes, I'd very happy to know them, too
> :-)

Hmm, Ghost in the Shell comes to mind.

Rich