[MPlayer-users] Subject=MPlayer-users mencode and Archos Jukebox

Wes Armour wes.armour at physics.org
Wed Mar 12 22:42:54 CET 2003

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately it hasn't worked.

I am trying to create a file that conforms to MPEG-4 simple profile, as this
is all the archos can support.

I have read through the man/FAQ's &docs but I can not find a mention of this
anywhere.  I think that the file has to be DivX, does .-ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4 output a standard DivX file?

Under windows I use:

variable bitrate mode = 1-pass
encoding bitrate = 800 kbps
max keyframe interval = 300
max quantizer = 12
min quantizer = 2
RC averaging period, frames 2000
RC reaction period, frames 10
rate control up/down reaction 20

Can anyone help!

Thanks in advance,

Wes.

P.S. I have tried:

mencoder -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:preset=128 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4 -vop scale=352x288 berminster_1.avi -o wes_l.avi