[MPlayer-users] new version of detc filter! (inverse telecine)

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Thu Mar 13 04:38:52 CET 2003

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 01:07:12PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> I just committed it. Please send any comments to the list here.

interlacing is still very visible with ADV Films' Samurai-X.  this certainly
may be due to a poorly done telecine process which is beyond the hope of
any filter to correct, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

I tested using both the old and new filter, and as close as my eyes can tell
the same amount of interlacing is visible with either one.

btw, this new version of the detc filter appears to use a huge amount more
cpu than the old one.  enough that when the filter's on, it's a bit beyond
the capability of my primary multimedia machine.  not really a nitpick,
but rather just an observation.

--
robh