[MPlayer-users] 4:3 xv fs output on 16:9 monitor

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Fri Mar 14 00:56:22 CET 2003

> RTFM -monitoraspect

Thanks, but something is still fishy with "-fs -vo xv",
even if I also pass "-monitoraspect 16:9".

With "-fs -vo xv -monitoraspect 16:9" I get a large
black stripe on the overlay on the left side of the
video.

And the width of the video differs between
"-fs -vo sdl -monitoraspect 16:9" and
"-fs -vo xv -monitoraspect 16:9".

"-fs -vo sdl -monitoraspect 16:9 seems to work ok, though,
with black borders, double 'F' and everything

Anyone else out there with a widescreen monitor using xv?
I have a SGI SW1600 using 1600x1024 connected to a ATI Rage 128.

/ magnus