[MPlayer-users] new version of detc filter! (inverse telecine)

Sat Mar 15 15:30:31 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, D Richard Felker III wrote:

DRFI>In the next couple days I'll be committing a greatly improved
DRFI>version of the de-telecine (detc) filter. Some of the big
DRFI>advantages of the new design include:

Thanks! I've tested cvs and it works great, but I have some questions.

Now I use detc right after pp (-vop denoise3d,detc,pp=de/-al), is it
most correct way?
Will something bad happen if I include detc in default -vop chain, so it
will run on every non-telecined videos as well? I don't want to lose
quality, but typing all the -vop stuff on telecined movies isn't great
too.

DRFI>Overall, this code seems to be working much better on my test
DRFI>material (still SE Lain). At this point I'm mostly happy with it,

Hmm, when I play SEL encoded to svcd I see almost no interlace frames,
but mplayer (in demuxer_mpg part) keeps on switching framerate
("detected telecined sequence...", after a while "detected progressive
sequence...", and so many times), like it was without detc in recent
mplayer. Isn't this behavior interfering with detc filter, I wonder?

DRFI>excessive frame dropping), realtime telecine removal in mplayer for
DRFI>use with DVDs and SVCDs (so you don't have to reencode first), and

But I never reencoded... And I tried it with some svcds, it worked
great.

--

Vladimir