[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and TV capture

Giles RC Morant giles.morant at durham.ac.uk
Sat Mar 15 15:56:38 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 12:33, Bobby wrote:
> I know it is not 'supported' or says so in the FAQ, but I have TV capture issues that I hope someone might be able to help me solve....I successfully capture, but it is too damned fast and I have to PLAY the captured file at --speed .65, here is what I am using to capture with a Wintv Card and SB live:
>
> Code:
>
> mencoder -tv on:driver=v4l:norm=ntsc:device=/dev/video0:adevice=/dev/dsp2:width=320:height=240:chanlist=us-cable:channel=2:audiorate=48000 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1000:vme=5 -oac copy -ofps 25

You're using dsp2 , so I assume you are using the btaudio sound device.
The bttv documentation expressly states the audio rate of this device is
32000Hz (and I can confirm this)

Given that 0.65 * 48000 is around 32000, this is indeed the problem.
Solve it by setting the audio rate to what you're actually getting:
32000Hz.

Giles.

--
Giles RC Morant <giles.morant at dur.ac.uk>