[MPlayer-users] main cvs crashes with wav files created with -ao pcm

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Mar 15 19:34:34 CET 2003

Hello,

Main CVS from today crashes when trying to play wav files made with
$ mplayer somefile.avi -ao pcm
Right before crashing, it gives this error:
[demux_audio] Bad wav header length: too short (16)!!!
(*full output below*)

I have another wav file around that works properly.

I'll make a proper bugreport if you need me to, but I figure this
problem is easy to reproduce.

-Corey

bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ mplayer audiodump.wav
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer dev-CVS-030315-09:56-3.2.1 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

Reading config file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Reading config file /home/bugfood/.mplayer/config
Reading /home/bugfood/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 136 video codecs
Font /home/bugfood/.mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Failed to open /dev/rtc: Device or resource busy (mplayer should be
setuid root or /dev/rtc should be readable by the user.)
Using usleep() timing
Input config file /home/bugfood/.mplayer/input.conf parsed : 67 binds
Opening joystick device /dev/input/js2

Playing audiodump.wav
[demux_audio] Bad wav header length: too short (16)!!!

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
   disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
   version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
DOCS/bugreports.html
   and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
provide
   this information when reporting a possible bug.