[MPlayer-users] [BUG] visual artifacts after seeking and A/V desync in animatrix episode 1 mov

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 15 20:42:25 CET 2003

Hi,

> I just downloaded and watched Animatrix episode 1 and 2.  Both now work
> with latest CVS, but episode 1 has slight problems.  After seeking there
> are very noticeable visual artifacts.  I'll try to describe it.  The old
> picture stays on the screen and gets smeared by the objects in the new
> image.  If there is a new image that completely updates the image the
> smearing effect disappears.
>
> Plus there is a few seconds of A/V desync.  This has been reported
> before, but this patch was said to fix it:
>
> http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/mplayer/MPlayer-0.90rc2.varfourcc.patch

no, this patch made it possible to play at all.

the a-v sync (and seeking) cannot be fixed, design issue...

that mov is like a dvd with menus and still images and multople audio
tracks, mplayer just can't handle it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino