[MPlayer-users] MovieCD and mvicod32.dll

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sat Mar 15 23:59:55 CET 2003

At 3/15/2003 4:07:00 PM, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> Opening video decoder: [vfw] Win32/VfW video codecs
>> MSGBOX 'Wrong OS - Please reinstall Motion Pixels' 'Motion Pixels Codec' (4112)
>
>lol :)
>some anti-linux protection?
>or it just doesn't work on all windows versions, or maybe requires more
>complete emulation of win32 than we have, or maybe requires some registry
>entries to be present?
>
>currently win32.c can report win95osr2 or nt:
>
>#if 1
>    // leave it here for testing win9x-only codecs
>    c->dwPlatformId=VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS;
>    strcpy(c->szCSDVersion, " B");
>#else
>    c->dwPlatformId=VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT; // let's not make DLL assume that it can read CR* registers
>    strcpy(c->szCSDVersion, "Service Pack 3");
>#endif
>
>maybe that codec requires some newer. try to change teh above values (loader/win32.c)

heh, i tried changing " B" to 1998 (win98) and 2222 (win98se), but i dont know if thats right
then i did a make distclean ; make , but i dont know if thats right either, just a big fat NEWBIE right here
still got the same error when ./mplayer file.avi

if someone else wants to try, i got the mvicod32.dll file from the MovieCD™ (Win NT) program file on:
http://www.moviecd.com/mpdload.htm