[MPlayer-users] sun .au files

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 17 09:59:53 CET 2003

> Try playing it with "cat file.wav > /dev/dsp" (or, for pedants,
> "tail -c +45 file.wav > /dev/dsp" ) and see if it really is truncated.

the first doesnt play at all (cating waves never worked for me), the
pedant one plays a very corrupted sound (the same for other waves as well).

> exit at the wrong time.  Try copying the .wav with sox, as this tends to
> create the header properly.

it creates exactly the same file... there are some options in sox, I
know, but trying them all out blind is no fun ;)

> Alternatively, you can open the wav file with a binary editor and see what's
> wrong for yourself :)

mozilla plays it, that's strange... no, I'll stop here. Thanks a lot!
Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.