[MPlayer-users] ALSA (0.9.1) + mplayer (0.90rc4) + Audigy2 + channels & surround problem

Zdenek Pizl z.p at linux-cd.cz
Mon Mar 17 17:06:50 CET 2003

On Monday 17 of March 2003 16:18, gabor wrote:
> -ao alsa9:surround51 opens alsa for 6channel sound. that means if you
> have a mono or stereo movie, it won't play anything. if you have a
> 6channel movie, it will play it.

I see, so if I have (let's say) 2channels divx, it wouldn't play any sound if
-ao alsa9:surround51 was requested. Alternatively playing DVD with these
settings will be OK, won't it?

> as you see, mplayer is able to reduce the number of the sound streams,
> but isn't able to increase it.

 I am curious if it can be somehow managed by ALSA itself. But it is probably
question to another mailing-list ...

 Thanks a lot.

--
z.p.