[MPlayer-users] new version of detc filter! (inverse telecine)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 17 22:45:34 CET 2003

Hi,

> > -static int telecine=0;
> > +int telecine=0;

> 24fps sequences telecined up to 30. However, dealing with badly
> encoded movies which mix hard and soft telecine should be possible
> with the telecine var from video.c.
>
> While this is possible, IMHO a much better approach would be to put
> timestamps in mpimage_t, and let filters change them when passing the
> image on to the next layer. This will eventually facilitate proper

agree, but it means a big design change of teh whole mplayer/mencoder core,
as it's designed to demuxers provideo whole frames with timestamps, and it's
used then to decide if we drop/skip or decode the frame.

i plan to do it this way (codecs/filters provide timestamps) in mplayer G2,
it would also solve several other problems:
- realvideo codecs provide accurate timestamps, so we could get rid of hacks
in demuxer
- field-coded mpeg2 (50 fields instead of 25 frames)
- frame order for IPB mpeg formats (now it's workaround'ed in video.c)
but it also brings some problems:
- frame order for IPB in avi or other 'dumb' container (can be workaround'ed)
- timestamps not available at streamcopy (or streamcopy requires decoding...)
- framedrop won't be so smooth as it is now for variable fps formats

> framerate-changing filters without all the stupid hacks I've done so
> far, and they'll work better with mencoder!

unless you do -ovc copy ...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino