[MPlayer-users] Digital rights management?

Pigeon pigeon at pigeond.net
Wed Mar 19 11:14:03 CET 2003

	In fact, I didn't really mean cracking DRM. (Although I think a lot
of people would appreciate the idea ;).

	Just that, there are some online pay video/tv on demand sites
that use DRM. Currently I have to boot into windows to watch them.

	I have almost no idea how DRM works with those wmvs file, so it's a
real PITA to do it under linux.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 04:44:46PM +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> I think Pigeon means DRM cracking, not real DRM support/enforcement.
> For the time being this is probably best handled by a separate
> external program. AFAIK however none exist. The best solution is not
> to create DRM-restricted files to begin with.

> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > 	I'm just wondering if there's any plan to somehow implement
> > 	support for
> > digital rights management (DRM) for mplayer?
>
> I don't Arpi would love any implementing of DRM (which is also a PITA
> implement under Linux)

Rich